Time commitment: 2-3 hr/wk
Number of officers: 1
The premise of this position is to act as a representative for international students in the department.
- Working with social chairs and/or president(s) to organize cultural events (e.g., the Lunar New Year celebration).
- Brainstorming and providing services for international students, such as giving recommendations for living in Chapel Hill, etc.
- Channeling resources for international students, such as introducing students to department resources or contacting relevant personnel for information regarding off-campus internshisp, student visas, etc.
- Promoting BSA communications to international students.
- Working with the BSA president(s) to advise the department on issues regarding international students.